All surgery carries the risk of a complication, including cosmetic plastic surgery. CosmetAssure is an affordable solution that helps patients of elective cosmetic surgery avoid the financial burden of unexpected post-surgery complications. CosmetAssure is endorsed by the prestigious American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) and is exclusively available to ASPS and American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) members and candidate members who have passed their written boards. Once a physician becomes active in the CosmetAssure program, all of his/her patients having one or more of the Elective Cosmetic Surgical Procedures must be registered. Once patients are registered through their plastic surgeon's office, they will be eligible to receive a Limits Schedule should a Covered Complication occur.
Without CosmetAssure, patients may be left with a financial burden should a covered complication arise after an eligible elective cosmetic plastic surgery. With CosmetAssure patients have knowledge that their surgeon has taken the precautionary steps to cover them in the event of an eligible loss.
- The majority of major medical health insurance policies exclude treatment of a complication following elective aesthetic surgery, even if medically necessary.
- For patients having elective cosmetic plastic surgery, CosmetAssure is an affordable protection against additional medical costs associated with unexpected complications.
- Board-certified plastic surgeons helped to design this program for their peers.
- Candidate members of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons who have passed their written Plastic Surgery Board Exam are also eligible for CosmetAssure participation.
- CosmetAssure is a solution to the lack of coverage for medical complications that can occur during or after elective cosmetic procedures.
- All surgeons must go through an approval process prior to becoming a CosmetAssure participating surgeon.
- CosmetAssure is only available to patients through a participating surgeon.
- CosmetAssure covers certain medical complications that can occur during or after one or more of the Elective Cosmetic Surgical Procedures.
- If a complication occurs, CosmetAssure can help to ease the worry of additional and unexpected medical expenses.
- Experienced, award-winning claims representatives handle all CosmetAssure claims.
This is only a brief description of the coverage(s) available. The policy will contain reductions,
limitations, exclusions and termination provisions. Full details of coverage are contained in the
policy. If there is any conflict between the contents of this document and the policy, the policy will
govern in all cases. Insurance is underwritten by an A rated insurance carrier.